Wednesday 20 May 2015

Home Delivery I Lodi Restaurant - Cookaroo


Have you guys been to the Lodi restaurant on Lodi Road next to Lodi Gardens yet? If you haven't, then you've been missing a gorgeous restaurant smack in the middle of Delhi. Beautiful trees, mist fans running and fairy lights, it does make for an amazing dining experience

I know I know, it's way too hot to go an eat out, especially nowadays, which is perhaps why you can bring back a bit of Lodi into your homes.

They've started delivering at home you see. Packaged neatly in cardboard casing, with dressings and relishes in mini jars. In fact so amazing is the packing from Lodi that you have to see for yourself.



We'd got a whole range of things to eat. It started with a portion of the Summer salad - summer greens, fresh tomatoes, pears and sun flower seeds with a dollop of goats cheese. On the side was the EVOO and honey dressing. The salad retained its shape through and through. In fact it even arrived slightly chilled. Which was fantastic I thought. Plus with the dressing on the side, I could opt to put in as much. Oh and the cutlery. Those I loved so much.

The homemade chicken liver pate came with own toasties and a side of fruit compote made for a great appetiser. Like the salad, this was chilled too and I truly enjoyed eating it.

Up next was the sole infused with chilli and ajwain. The fish was light and delicate and the little salad that it came with paired very well with the fish.
I'd also opted to eat the penne with smoked chicken with Parmesan cream and sun dried tomatoes. The tomatoes were dried in house and added a wonderful dimension to the pasta. Sent to me piping hot, I devoured this almost as soon as it arrived.





Finally, the meal ended with the Chocolate Mousse. A signature of sorts of the Lodi, it was light and airy and very delicious.

I have to say that the portion sizes are great. This sort of a meal would easily work for three people and to be fair the two of us ate it over two meals. But the truth is, they had me at their packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment